Walnuts are considered a super food, and this recipe is super easy! A winning combination in my (cook)book! This pesto can be tossed with pasta or smeared on salmon before baking. I also love it drizzled over roasted tomatoes…mmmmm!
- 1-1/4 cup toasted walnuts
- 2 cups packed, fresh basil leaves
- 2 fat cloves garlic
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- Juice of 1/4 to 1/2 lemon
- 3 anchovy fillets
- Extra virgin olive oil (use good quality)
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
Pop walnuts, basil, garlic lemon zest and lemon juice and anchovies into a food processor. Process into a paste, then thin with extra-virgin olive oil until it is the consistency that you want. Add in Parmesan cheese, taste and season with salt. Enjoy!
For more recipes from Jenny Brulé, check out her new cookbook, “Learn to Cook 25 Southern Classics 3 Ways,” available now!