Courtesy of Chef Hannah Riley
This crunchy, sweet and sour salad lends a healthy dose of vitamin C, folic acid and phytonutrients to your system. Bonuses: the dressing and raw radishes aid digestion!
- 3 oz fresh chopped green beans
- oz sprouted beans (adzuki, lentil, English peas) or any combo preferred
- 7 oz frozen butter beans (lima beans can be substituted)
- 4 red radishes, sliced thin
- 1 small black radish, sliced thin
- 2T chopped fresh dill
- 2T chopped fresh parsley
Blanching liquid and dressing ingredients:
- 2T (heaping) apricot marmalade
- 2T apple cider vinegar
- 2T olive oil
- 3T water
- 2t fresh minced oregano
- 1t fresh chopped garlic
- 1t Dijon mustard
- Whisk all dressing ingredients in small pot and bring to boil
- Blanch green beans 2 min, reserve liquid and drain, then set green beans aside.
- Blanch butter beans 1 min, reserve liquid and drain, add to green beans.
- Add 2T water to liquid and reduce by half.
- Toss blanched beans with sprouted beans, radishes and fresh herbs, dress with reduced dressing and enjoy!
Makes 1 serving.